SMi to focus on C4ISTAR
Following last week's Future Armoured Vehicles Survivability show, SMi will again welcome international military and solution providers to delve further into key topics surrounding combat vehicle C4I and connectivity at Future Armoured Vehicles Situational Awareness 2017, an event purely dedicated to providing critical updates on platform C4ISTAR and C2.
Future Armoured Vehicles Survivability 2016 saw programme managers from the armed forces and senior industry representatives acknowledge the importance of threat awareness as an enabler of force protection.
Highlights included updates from the world’s leading developers of hard kill active protection systems, including Rheinmetall ADS and Rafael Advanced Defence Systems Ltd. As well as this decisive ability to detect and defeat immediate threats to the vehicle, effective battle management and the broader development of information superiority were acknowledged as a key enabler of combat effectiveness.
Building on these concepts further, Future armoured Vehicles Situational Awareness 2017 will expand on these ideas with a set of detailed presentations, purely dedicated to this capability area.
Notably, Colonel Mike McCarthy, Chief, Land War Net Division, will explore the requirements and system architecture of the US Army’s network enabled programme. This unique presentation will cover key aspects in enhanced battle command across the land and cyberspace spectrum with a special insight into electronic warfare capability.
Other featured speakers on the agenda will include:
• Colonel Manuel Jesus De Hoyos Sanchez, Head of the 8x8 Wheeled Combat Vehicle Programme, Spanish Army
• Major Mick Lillie, SO2 Communication Vehicle Systems, Armoured Trials and Development Unit, British Army
• Major Wouter Alexander Samson, Department of Defence, Manoeuvre Centre of Knowledge, Royal Netherlands Army
• Major Ola Petter Odden, Development Offi cer, Combat Lab, Norwegian Army Land Warfare Centre
• Mr Stephane Chaigneau, Scorpion System of Systems Architect, Engineering Land Systems, DGA Land Systems, French MoD
• Mr Hans-Josef Maas, Armoured Fighting Vehicles Vetronics Project Leader, Federal Office of Bundeswehr Equipment and Information Technology, German MoD
• Mr Thierry Midavaine, Technical Director, Thales Optronique SAS
• Mr Guy Davies, Capability Manager, Vehicle Systems, Land and Naval Defence Electronics Division, Leonardo
• Mr Tobias Baumart, Project Manager, LAND 400 PUMA, PSM